Cauldronluck Minutes

Cauldronluck Minutes – May 21 2017

CAULDRONLUCK MINUTES

May 21, 2017

Meeting was called to order by Raya (Coordinator) at 11:07. Four people were present, including Board members Raya, and David. Patrick arrived late, Raymond sent an email and was excused due to a schedule conflict.

Secretary’s report: No mail has been received since the last distribution.

Treasurer’s Report: The bank balance of $864.66 + $500.00 undeposited donation + $35.90 cash + $150.00 UU deposit = $1540.56 total assets. Ramada is paid through next November. PO Box is paid but the check has not yet cleared the bank; the storeroom will be paid monthly at $61.76 per month. We have two uncollected pledges for Fall Fest, one for the cost of the T-shirts (not to exceed $300.00) and another for a flat $300.00. Our IRS tax form 1099 has been filed, and the annual Corporation Commission report has not yet but will be due soon.

Ritual Report was skipped as Raymond was absent.

Fall Fest:

THEME – We had two themes presented, and we will vote next month to determine which one we will use. Neither one has artwork available yet, but both presenters described what the accompanying T-shirt design would look like. One theme is “Walking in Beauty”; the artwork for it would be the God and Goddess walking through a forest scene. The second theme is “There’s Always Something Brewing…For 30 Years”. The suggested artwork for this one is a bubbling cauldron with a broomstick propped up against it.

FOOD – We have no food arranged yet, other than the usual bake sale. Patrick will contact Burgerito, who was at the last Fall Fest, to see if they will come again. In case they won’t, Joe Elliot will gather delivery menus from restaurants close to the UU Church.

VENDORS – Tish is unwilling to serve as vendor coordinator, although she will review the revised vendor application that Patrick is working on. Raya volunteered to fill in the gap. Patrick will finish editing the vendor application, and submit it to the Board and Tish for reviews.

ELECTIONS – Under our current bylaws, every Board position except Coordinator is either vacant, filled by a member who has reached the term limit, or filled by a member who has declined to run again. We will follow the timeline from the bylaws: announce vacancies in June, accept nominations in July, start voting in August, close voting and tally results in September, and install the new Board during the Annual Meeting at Fall Fest.

MOTION: Two of our current Board members are up against term limits, but would be willing to run again if that we not the case. In view of this, David made the following motion, which was seconded by Carol Garr. It will be an addition to the bylaw placing term limits on Board positions, if passed. In the event that the total paid TAWN membership falls to thirteen or less, then the term limits on TAWN Board positions will not apply. We will announce the proposed bylaw change on the Forum and vote on it next month.

T-SHIRTS – Thanks to the generosity of the pledge above, we will have T-shirts for sale at this Fall Fest. Twisted Weasel is no longer in business, so we will return to our

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *