TAWN » Blog Archives

Author Archives: Collette Root

Cauldronluck Minutes

AUGUST 2018 CAULDRONLUCK MINUTES

Published by:

AUGUST 2018 TAWN CAULDRONLUCK MINUTES

Date: 12 August 2018

Time: 11:10 – 11:47

Meeting Notifications via: e-mail, website, Yahoo

 

Names of Board Members present:

Coordinator: Raya Fand

Treasurer: Gannd- David Foster

Secretary Pro Temp/Member at large: Gwyn- Collette Root

 

Quorum established: Yes/3 of 3

Members in attendance: 3

Guests in attendance: 1

 

Secretary Report:

Gwyn distributed mail that was picked up to include a Wells Fargo bank statement, 1 advertisement, and 2 incorrect addresses for Thomas Draney. June and July minutes are now approved and posting soon.

 

Treasury Report:

Gannd provided information on the amounts in the bank – 332.40, cash box – 87.11 (43.11 from before, 11 in donations, 33 in membership), PayPal – 38 (with a reported soon incoming 160 from Patrick’s birthday fundraiser), and 150 deposits on hold at UUCT for festival. Raya is paying the storage fee.

 

Coordinator Report:

Raya brought forth for discussion that Lammas was a small, warm ritual with Raven Shadowstar hosting. This ritual brought 2 new faces who became more informed about TAWN.

TAWN received an e-mail from Tucson Clean & Beautiful. We have a deadline of Wednesday, August 22, 2018 to submit reports. It was noted that the graffiti and the mural were gone. Fresh paint was there instead as was an eviction notice. There have been several homeless in the Ramada who peacefully leave when we come for our meetings.

Fall Fest is coming up very soon. We need to contact vendors to get them going on registration. Gannd will have another meeting with SAZCUUPS and continue to negotiate for a site fee reduction.

Final nominations for the board were taken and those nominated and for what position follows:

Collette Root, “Gwyn” for Coordinator

Raya Fand, “April” for Secretary

Leanna Holt, “Fumbolina” for Member at Large

Shea Hermes for Member at Large

And there is still

An open Member at Large position as well as

An open Vice-Coordinator position.

There were no other nominees that accepted a nomination.

 

Action List:

Raya- Make the ballot and put it up for download on the website, call and submit reports to Tucson Clean and Beautiful,

Gannd- Ask Diana to make a deposit into Wells Fargo from PayPal, membership list to board

Gwyn- Mail and minutes

 

The next Board meeting will be on 26 August 2018, 10am, at La Madera Park.

The next Cauldronluck will be on 9 September 2018, 11am, at La Madera Park

These minutes were approved on 20 August 2018.

Cauldronluck Minutes

JULY 2018 CAULDRONLUCK MINUTES

Published by:

JULY 2018 TAWN CAULDRONLUCK MEETING MINUTES

Date: 8 July, 2018

Time: 11:00 – 11:44

Meeting Notifications via: e-mail, website, Yahoo

 

Names of Board Members present:

Coordinator: Raya Fand

Treasurer: Gannd- David Foster

Secretary Pro Temp/Member at large: Gwyn- Collette Root

Quorum established: Yes/3 of 3

Members in attendance: 3

Guests in attendance: 0

 

Secretary Report:

Gwyn distributed mail that was picked up to include: bank statement, storage bill, and 2 advertisements. Older minutes are approved and will be posted.

 

Treasury Report:

Gannd provided Information on the amounts in the bank, cash box, PayPal, and deposits on hold at UUCT for festival. Raya pays the storage fee. The Ramada fee is $15 each time and is usually paid 6 months to 1 year in advance. Gannd is working on donations and food trucks. Gannd continues to work with SAZCUUPS on getting a break on the site fees and to get members to come to the event.

 

Coordinator Report:

April continued discussion on needing more PR announcements. We have the TAWN website, the Yahoo group aka the Forum, and Facebook. Gwyn suggested maybe using Meetup. Tish is the point of contact to do major media.

Patrick setup a fundraiser for TAWN on Facebook for his birthday. Other fundraiser ideas included youcares.com or maybe gofundme.

Carol stated that Lammas and potluck will be hosted by Raven at Himmel Park on July 29 from 6-8pm with a potluck afterwards. The Mabon ritual will take place after the Fall Festival at the UU church hosted by SAZCUUPS. Samhain will be hosted by Carol Friday November 2 location TBD. Yule needs a host.

April opened the floor for nominations. Nominations close at August Cauldronluck and the votes must be in at or before Fall Fest. Carol nominated Gwyn for Coordinator and Gannd 2nd. Gwyn accepted the nomination. Jenn nominated April for coordinator. April declined. Gwyn nominated April for Secretary, Carol 2nd, and April accepted the nomination. April nominated Leanna for Member at Large and Gwyn 2nd. Leanna will need to accept the nomination to be on the ballot.

 

Action List:

April- Verify positions (Coordinator, Secretary, and Member at Large) for the vote, send an invite to Gwyn on the forum, contact Diana with questions about the website, contact herpetology organization.

Gannd- Update membership list and send out to the board, continue contact with food vendors for Fall Fest, continue contact with UU on event site price and possible ad in the UU newsletter, verify current open positions as Coordinator, Member at Large and Secretary.

Gwyn- Post the minutes, complete minutes for approval, get the briefcase to April before the Lammas ritual, and locate meetup cost information.

 

The next Board meeting will be on 22 July 2018, 10am, at La Madera Park.

These minutes were approved on 11 August 2018.

Cauldronluck Minutes

JUNE 2018 CAULDRONLUCK MINUTES

Published by:

JUNE 2018 TAWN CAULDRONLUCK MINUTES

Date: 10 June 2018

Time: 11:10 – 11:29

Meeting Notifications via: e-mail, website, Yahoo

 

Names of Board Members present:

Coordinator: April- Raya Fand

Treasurer:

Secretary Pro Temp/Member at large: Gwyn- Collette Root

Quorum established: Yes/2 of 3

Members in attendance: 3

Guests in attendance: 2

 

Secretary Report:

Gwyn distributed mail that was picked up to include:

Wells Fargo, and Thomas Draney (marked not his address and returned to post office)

Asked about responses to minutes and was asked to resend the minutes for approval.

 

Treasury Report:

Gannd by phone stated no changes in the treasury.

 

Coordinator Report:

Raya brought forth for discussion 2018 Midsummer happening at UU Tuesday June 19 from 6-8pm. This one ritual helps 3 organizations to meet their requirements.

Lacie noted that she knows artists who may be able to work on the theme of “Elements of the Desert.”

Raymond dropped off a binder entitled “Tawn’s Membership and Volunteer Handbook,” 2nd edition, copy write 2010 which Gwyn took to peruse.

 

Action List:

Raya- Coordinate

Gannd- Membership list

Gwyn- Mail and Minutes

 

The next Board meeting will be on 24 June 2018, 10am, at La Madera Park.

These minutes were approved on 11 August 2018.

Uncategorized

CAULDRONLUCK MAY 2018

Published by:

Date: 20 May 2018

Time: 11:15 – 12:05

Meeting Notifications via: e-mail, website, Yahoo

Names of Board Members present:
Treasurer: Gannd- David Foster
Secretary Pro Temp/Member at large: Gwyn- Collette Root
Quorum established: Yes/2 of 3
Members in attendance: 2
Guests in attendance: 4

Secretary Report:
Gwyn distributed mail that was picked up to include:
Wells Fargo bank statement, 2 from storage that used to be US Storage Centers and is now part of Cube Smart, 1 invoice for the PO Box, 1 advertisement from Chase bank, 1 piece of mail for Thomas Draney marked return to sender, and 1 request for Pagan/Wiccan religious materials from a Texas inmate which was given to Carol.

Treasury Report:
Gannd provided Information on the amounts in the bank, cash box, PayPal, and deposits on hold at UUCT for festival. Storage fee paid by Raya as donation. For more details on this, contact Gannd through the BOD address. TAWN has 10 paid memberships of which 3 are family for a total of 13 paid members.

Coordinator Report:
Raya apologized for her illness which kept her from the meeting, Gwyn coordinated the meeting.
Gannd brought forth the very serious need for more members. Without members, there can be no organization. Gannd is donating the funds for the venue for Fall Fest.
Carol stated a need to make the vendor packet available ASAP.
Ideas discussed concerning Fall Fest in an informative manner for the guests included:
Bake sale is ok but food vendors need permits,
Silent auction, bag ticket auction, and raffles, and
The idea of volunteer musicians while the vendors pack up just before ritual. One guest, Oliver, volunteered and his contact information was taken down. Rachel volunteered to play recorder and to help with the setup, and Sally volunteered to participate in the bake sale.
The need to start getting artwork for the T-shirts so we can choose one and get them printed. We asked for suggestions for the theme. Anthony and Rachel had ideas for the artwork.
Earth Day went well. Raya, Gannd, Gwyn and Fumbolina- Leanna were all present. We had a table for children’s activities and our informational table had many visitors taking informational handouts.
Beltane went well thanks to Hearths Gate. There were 12 dancers on the Maypole and it came out beautifully.
Volunteers to run rituals are needed. Mabon is covered. The rest, especially Litha as it is next, need hosts.

Raya- Get updated on what she missed
Gannd- Keep track of finances
Gwyn- Get the minutes posted

The next Board meeting will be on 27 May 2018, 10am at La Madera Park
These minutes were approved on 14 June 2018

Cauldronluck Minutes

CAULDRONLUCK APR 2018

Published by:

Date: 8 April 2018 Time: 11:00 – 11:29 Meeting Notifications via: e-mail, website, Yahoo

Names of Board Members present: Coordinator: April- Raya Fand
Treasurer: Gannd- David Foster
Secretary Pro Temp/Member at large: Gwyn- Collette Root
Quorum established: Yes/3 of 3
Members in attendance: 4
Guests in attendance: 1

Secretary Report:
Gwyn distributed mail that was picked up to include:
Wells Fargo bank statement, 1 piece of mail for Denise marked return to sender

Treasury Report:
Gannd provided Information on the amounts in the bank, cash box, PayPal, and deposits on hold at UUCT for festival. Storage fee paid by Raya as donation.

Coordinator Report:
Raya brought forth for discussion,
Ostara ritual at UU had 51 people in attendance. It went very well. Beltane will be at Himmel Park Saturday May 5 at 2 pm hosted by Hearth’s Gate Coven. Lammas is still available.
Fall Fest will be at the UU hosted by SAZCUUPS. It will be Wiccan based with Druid overtones. Gannd is working on seeing if it could be free for us. SAZCUUPS is doing a budget with its 7 members. We only have 11 or 12 active members. If we get a donation, we can do T-shirts. We need to put a call out for designs and if we don’t use it this year it can be used in future years. The artist does not need to be a TAWN member. The advertisements for Fall Fest are at least $400 for 1 week in the Tucson weekly and that could be higher now.
Earth Day will be Saturday April 21 from 10 to 2. Gannd said he has supplies in order for the children to make popsicle runes or poppets but will need to be reminded to bring them. Raya suggested looking in the storage unit for other activities for children and perhaps contacting Leanna to assist. Raya will get Gannd the pdf of flyers for the briefcase.
Tapestry pdf’s and possible sales were discussed without resolution.

Action List:
Raya- Get pdf’s to Gannd for printing, go to storage to look for children’s activities
Gannd- Look into Fall Fest site fees possibility of being free
Gwyn- join Raya at storage

The next Board meeting will be on 21 April immediately after Earth Day
These minutes were approved on 14 June 2018.

Cauldronluck Minutes

CAULDRONLUCK MAR 2018

Published by:

TAWN CAULDRONLUCK MINUTES

Date: 11 March 2018                       Time: 11:10 – 11:40          Meeting Notifications via: e-mail, website, Yahoo

 

Names of Board Members present:                Coordinator: Raya Fand

Treasurer: Gannd- David Foster

Secretary Pro Temp/Member at large: Gwyn- Collette Root

Quorum established: Yes/3 of 3

Members in attendance: 5

Guests in attendance: 2

 

Secretary Report:

Gwyn distributed mail that was picked up to include:

Bank statement, 2 return to senders, 1 miss-mail

Showed the membership briefcase as it will be when completed.

 

Treasury Report:

Gannd provided Information on the amounts in the bank, cash box, PayPal, and deposits on hold at UUCT for festival. The storage fee is being paid as a donation by Raya. Members can contact the treasurer for more treasury information.

 

Coordinator Report:

Raya brought forth for discussion,

Showed a “Benefits of TAWN” board to go along with the briefcase. It was suggested the line order of the benefits be reorganized.

Raya said that Diana told her that the Board Members are also moderators on our Yahoo page but she checked and found no privileges. Tish is the point of contact for the Facebook account.

Our spring ritual is set for Tuesday March 20 at the UU on 22nd street with an arrival time of 6pm. Carol will be leading this ritual.

We are still awaiting an answer on whether or not we will have a discount from the UU church for our Fall Festival that we are having jointly with CUUPS.

The desire to bring in some Native American groups to TAWN was discussed. Gannd said he might have a lead.

Earth Day is at the Children’s Museum on 21 April. We need some literature explaining how TAWN is connected with nature spirituality and possibly something on ecology.

Attendance at the Peace Fair was small but people did sign up for membership. Carol gave Raya a break from occupying the booth by herself.

Raymond announced a Spring Fair at Mystic Candle from 10-4. Hearth’s Gate Kindred will be hosting a ritual around 4 or A BBQ open pit will be available from 3:30-4:30.

Mother’s Ministries is looking for a replacement committed and reliable corresponding priest/ess to answer letters to inmates regarding religious inquiry.  Carol is the point of contact.

 

Action List:

Raya- Adjust the wording on the Benefits of Board.

Gannd- Send out new membership form to the board.

Gwyn-Finish the briefcase.

 

The next Board meeting will be on 25 March 2018, 10am, at La Madera Park.

These minutes were approved with comment on 25 March 2018.

Cauldronluck Minutes

CAULDRONLUCK FEB 2018

Published by:

Date: 11 February 2018

Time: 11:06 – 11:30

Meeting Notifications via: e-mail, website, Yahoo

 

Names of Board Members present:

Coordinator: Raya Fand

Treasurer: Gannd- David Foster

Secretary Pro Temp/Member at large: Gwyn- Collette Root

Quorum established: Yes/3 of 3

Members in attendance: 4

Guests in attendance: 0

 

Secretary Report:

Gwyn distributed mail that was picked up to include:

Bank statement, and an ad for Upcycle Tucson

 

Treasury Report:

Gannd provided Information on the amounts in:

The bank of $380.40, cash box of $21, PayPal of $18, and deposits on hold at UUCT for festival of $150.

Raya is donating payment for the storage fee by using her credit card on an autopay.

Gannd paid the network fee. The network was renewed for 1 year with the legal account names under David & Patrick.

 

Coordinator Report:

Raya coordinated discussion on:

The public relations briefcase was shown and a movement was made to make it a policy that it have a location at each ritual and that the ritual host allow time for an announcement to be made by a TAWN representative.  This was approved unanimously. Underneath the heading of Articles a “Policy and Procedure” will include this information.

 

The $30 fee for the Peace Fair occurring at Armory Park on February 24 from 11-4 has been paid by Raya. We will have a booth there and Raya is willing to buy lunch for 2 volunteers that help to operate the booth. Please assist in this endeavor if you are able.

 

The Spring Equinox ritual will take place Tuesday March 20th at the UU church (4831 E 22nd St) with SAZCUUPS as unanimously agreed upon. Carol will lead the ritual there. We will meetup at 6pm and there will be a potluck afterwards.

 

Our participation in the Earthday event is not finalized.

A ritual host for Beltain is being sought.

 

We are looking at doing our Fall Fest and ritual in cooperation with SAZCUUPS this year. Gannd will be looking into the possibility of a fee waiver when he attends their board meeting.

 

Action List:

Raya- Continue to coordinate for the Peace Fair.

Gannd- Look into Fall Fest possibilities and continue treasury duties.

Gwyn-Complete the PR briefcase, get the mail, and complete the minutes.

 

The next Board meeting will be on 25 February 2018, 10am, at La Madera Park.

These minutes were approved on 17 February 2018.

Cauldronluck Minutes

Cauldronluck Oct 2017

Published by:

TAWN CAULDRONLUCK MEETING MINUTES

Date: 8 October 2017
Time: 11:00 – 11:52
Meeting Notifications via: e-mail/website

Names of Board Members present:
Coordinator: Raya Fand
Treasurer: David Foster (Gaand)
Secretary Pro-Temp: Collette Root (Gwyn)

Quorum established: Yes/3 of 3
Members in attendance: 6
Guests in attendance: 2 children

Treasury Report:
Fall Festival revenue in whole was discussed and profit estimated. Donations were made to cover the losses on T-shirts. Storage was paid but costs have been increased. Checks were deposited. Gaand donated a waterproof lock for storage and will make another key for the secretary which will result in all board members in possession of a storage key.

Secretary Report:
Minutes were approved. Secretary’s box received. Mail checked was distributed by both Gwyn and, when he arrived, by Raymond. He then turned in his copy of the box key which was given to the treasurer resulting in all board members in possession of a box key. The problem with the P.O. Box number on the membership application was discovered when Gwyn tried to check box 41982. Communication with Raya showed the correct box to be 41082. The post office was notified of the issue and a note placed on the incorrect box as to the forwarding of TAWN mail. Gwyn will contact the box officer when he is in on Tuesday and request forwarding services for the maximum allowable time. Gaand will be updating the membership applications. He will also create and distribute a clean membership list as well as a group list.

Points of Discussion:
Raya called for a ritual coordinator. Carol Garr answered the call. Gratitude was expressed by the board. Various aspects of the position were discussed. Communications issues were discussed with referrals to Tish and Diana as points of contact. Yule ritual has a volunteer group of which Raymond is a part. The location is to be at Mystic Candle. They request that the presence of alcohol be venue specific. While alcohol at rituals held in parks are not allowed, those held on private property are allowable. A request that the “Code of Ethics” be changed to the “Code of Conducts.” A formal vote will be held at the November cauldronluck meeting.

Raya called for a new editor for Tapestry. The call was met with silence. She also called for an education coordinator. Discussion of how education events occurred in the past were discussed. Suggestions of allowing the teacher to choose the day and venue were put forth. Gwyn said to ask her again in January when she should be adjusted to her new schedule.

The next board meeting will be 21 October in La Madera Park at 10am.

Action List:
Raya- ? (Somehow I didn’t note them, might have been something on communications with Tish and/or Diana)

David- Create and distribute a clean membership list and a group list. Put the new lock on storage and make another key for the secretary. Update the membership applications.

Collette- Complete the minutes and get them approved. Call the box officer and request the maximum forwarding of TAWN mail to the correct box.

Carol- Contact groups and locate volunteer groups for the year’s rituals.

These minutes were approved on 12 November 2017.

Cauldronluck Minutes

Cauldronluck Nov 2017

Published by:

TAWN CAULDRONLUCK MINUTES

 

Date: 12 November 2017

Time: 11:07 – 11:47

Meeting Notifications via: e-mail, website, yahoo

 

Names of Board Members present:

Coordinator: Raya Fand

Treasurer: Gannd- David Foster

Secretary Pro Temp/Member at large: Gwyn- Collette Root

 

Quorum established: Yes/3 of 3

Members in attendance: 4

Guests in attendance: 0

 

Secretary Report:

Gwyn stated what mail had been picked up and distributed.

 

Treasury Report:

Gannd briefed the group on the concerns of going bankrupt. Notified the group that the postal box is paid until July.

He explained his offer of his property. Carol stated that in the past there have been concerns of losing stuff on private property.

 

Coordinator Report:

Raya opened conversation about Spring Fest. Carol expressed concern that having a Spring Fest is overextending TAWN financially. She suggested using the park. Gannd explained that that would be subject to a million dollar bond. Patrick suggested specifying it as a potluck in TAWN’s name. Raya explained that if it is open to the public and/or advertised we would need the bond. If it were private we wouldn’t need the bond but that would mean no advertisers and no vendors. Raya asked if we wanted Spring Fest with vendors or just a ritual. Gann said that if money was the only concern, he would pay the UU fee. There was a concern that we are competition, UU might think we are poaching their members, but that it would be like a group volunteering for ritual.

For festival, it was suggested that we bring kid’s quest back. There is a bin of Kid Quest stuff from the past. Gwyn volunteered to do a scavenger hunt. Patrick is looking into Jumping Castles for the festival. The concern with jumping castles is the anchoring, but that is on the business to have insurance.

It is $400 for a weekly advertisement of the festival. The word will go out on Facebook and the forum also. There is no desire to lose money on the festival. Gwyn motioned for a vote on the date.  There were 5 ayes to 17 March and 2 that would have preferred 31 March. Vendors for Spring Fest will be contacted after a solid reservation is made.

Raya asked for volunteers for the Peace Faire. She said she would cover the cost. She also mentioned Earth Day sometime in April, and asked that people think about that event as well.

Carol forwarded the Yule information to Diana and Tish. Raya put it on the yahoo forum. Hearthgate Kindred will be hosting it at Mystic Candle on 16 December. The meet and greet will be at 5 pm with ritual slated to begin at 5:30 and offerings are encouraged. It is a potluck and as it is taking place on private property, alcohol is allowed.

 

A member told the group of her personal problems concerning housing. It was suggested she discuss that during the potluck.

 

Action List:

Raya- Find google calendar instructions, look into t-shirt and book collections.

David- Verify filing with the IRS, update the listings, update the quick reference sheets, work on reservations at UU.

Collette-Collect mail for dispersal, complete the minutes and get them approved.

 

The next Board meeting will be on 19 November 2017, 10am, at La Madera Park.

These minutes were approved on 26 November 2017.