Category Archives: Cauldronluck Minutes

Cauldronluck Minutes

Cauldronluck Minutes – June 11 2017

Published by:

CAULDRONLUCK MINUTES

June 11, 2017

Meeting was called to order by Raya (Coordinator) at 11:38. Seven people were present, including Board members Raya, David, Raymond, and Patrick. As carol Garr knew she would be absent, she emailed in her vote for the bylaw amendment.

Secretary’s report: The only mail received this month was one mis-addressed letter, sent to our P O Box number but to a different recipient. We marked it Return To Sender, not at this address, and will turn it in at the post office.

Treasurer’s Report: Bank balance $1192.80, Quarters $10.00, Cash on hand $25.50, PayPal (not yet received) $18.00, and UU Church deposit $150.00, for a total of $1414.96. We also have an outstanding pledge for up to $300.00 to cover the cost of the Fall Fest T-shirts.

Ritual Report: Midsummer will be June 17th as previously announced. Shea has confirmed that Desert Henge Coven will lead the Fall Fest (Mabon) ritual. All rituals this year are now spoken for.

Bylaw Voting: We held the bylaw election next, as the results would affect the remainder of the meeting. As proposed last month by David and seconded by Carol Garr, it reads: In the event that the total paid TAWN membership falls to thirteen or less, then the term limits on TAWN Board positions will not apply. It will be an addition to the bylaw placing term limits on Board positions, if passed. When the vote was called, it passed unanimously.

Elections: We have six Board positions open for election this year: Vice Coordinator, Secretary, Treasurer, and three Members at Large. One of the Members at Large and the Secretary will be for one-year terms, based on people vacating or taking over other positions on the Board. Assuming a full Board (7 people) is elected and serve their full terms, the vacant positions next year will be Coordinator, Secretary, and one member at Large. David and Raymond are willing to rerun for their positions as Treasurer and Member at Large (2 year term), respectively.

Fall Fest:

THEME: By a seven-to-two vote, we elected the theme “There’s Always Something Brewing…For Thirty Years” as the 2017 theme. Local artist Gwenavir Tigue will present her artwork next month. Also, her daughter Tangerine will volunteer to do the paperwork and logistics of the silent auction and raffle.

FOOD: Burgerito is not coming to Fall Fest. Since we have no on-site food vendor, Joe Elliot has volunteered to collect delivery menus from restaurants in the area.

SIGNAGE: All of our wooden signs would need refurbishing if they were to be used at Fall Fest. Of our metal signs, two are in good shape and one barely adequate. Our two banners are both still usable.

Raymond moved that TAWN buy two more metal signs. Joe Elliot amended the motion to put a maximum expenditure of $200.00 on the purchase. Raymond agreed to the amendment, and the motion passed unanimously as amended.

MEMBERSHIP: Since we will have membership discounts available, we need membership cards. Joe Elliot will put together artwork and order cards from VistaPrint. David can laminate themat Fall Fest, and at his office during the year. Patrick pledged up to $20.00 to cover the printing cost.

Cauldronluck Minutes

Cauldronluck Minutes – May 21 2017

Published by:

CAULDRONLUCK MINUTES

May 21, 2017

Meeting was called to order by Raya (Coordinator) at 11:07. Four people were present, including Board members Raya, and David. Patrick arrived late, Raymond sent an email and was excused due to a schedule conflict.

Secretary’s report: No mail has been received since the last distribution.

Treasurer’s Report: The bank balance of $864.66 + $500.00 undeposited donation + $35.90 cash + $150.00 UU deposit = $1540.56 total assets. Ramada is paid through next November. PO Box is paid but the check has not yet cleared the bank; the storeroom will be paid monthly at $61.76 per month. We have two uncollected pledges for Fall Fest, one for the cost of the T-shirts (not to exceed $300.00) and another for a flat $300.00. Our IRS tax form 1099 has been filed, and the annual Corporation Commission report has not yet but will be due soon.

Ritual Report was skipped as Raymond was absent.

Fall Fest:

THEME – We had two themes presented, and we will vote next month to determine which one we will use. Neither one has artwork available yet, but both presenters described what the accompanying T-shirt design would look like. One theme is “Walking in Beauty”; the artwork for it would be the God and Goddess walking through a forest scene. The second theme is “There’s Always Something Brewing…For 30 Years”. The suggested artwork for this one is a bubbling cauldron with a broomstick propped up against it.

FOOD – We have no food arranged yet, other than the usual bake sale. Patrick will contact Burgerito, who was at the last Fall Fest, to see if they will come again. In case they won’t, Joe Elliot will gather delivery menus from restaurants close to the UU Church.

VENDORS – Tish is unwilling to serve as vendor coordinator, although she will review the revised vendor application that Patrick is working on. Raya volunteered to fill in the gap. Patrick will finish editing the vendor application, and submit it to the Board and Tish for reviews.

ELECTIONS – Under our current bylaws, every Board position except Coordinator is either vacant, filled by a member who has reached the term limit, or filled by a member who has declined to run again. We will follow the timeline from the bylaws: announce vacancies in June, accept nominations in July, start voting in August, close voting and tally results in September, and install the new Board during the Annual Meeting at Fall Fest.

MOTION: Two of our current Board members are up against term limits, but would be willing to run again if that we not the case. In view of this, David made the following motion, which was seconded by Carol Garr. It will be an addition to the bylaw placing term limits on Board positions, if passed. In the event that the total paid TAWN membership falls to thirteen or less, then the term limits on TAWN Board positions will not apply. We will announce the proposed bylaw change on the Forum and vote on it next month.

T-SHIRTS – Thanks to the generosity of the pledge above, we will have T-shirts for sale at this Fall Fest. Twisted Weasel is no longer in business, so we will return to our

Cauldronluck Minutes

CAULDRONLUCK MINUTES January 8, 2017

Published by:

Meeting was called to order by Raya (Coordinator) at 11:08.  Seven people were present, including Board members Raya, David, Raymond, Tim, and Patrick.  Shaba is no longer able to attend Cauldronlucks due to his new work schedule.

Secretary’s report: Mail distributed today includes a bank statement and advertising.  We also got a request to donate to the Community Food Bank, which was discarded.  The P O Box problems were caused by a typo; out box is #41082 (not 41982). The correct address is on the contact info of our webpage.

Treasurer’s Report: Bank balance $498.68 + UU deposit $150.00 = $648.68 total assets.  Ramada is paid through next November.  PO Box is due in May; the storeroom was just paid and will be paid monthly at $61.76 per month.  The bank balance includes the $30.00 donated to cover Peace Fair costs.

Ritual Report: Sonoran Sunrise Grove will celebrate Imbolc on January 29th at the Waters of Life Church, gathering at 5:30 and starting at 6:00.  It should last 30-60 minutes, and will be followed by a potluck.  Bring offerings if so inclined, all offerings to be adequately disposed of.

Peace Fair: Raya will pay for the Peace Fair when she attends the annual spaghetti dinner fundraiser for it.

Raymond moved, Davis seconded, and we passed unanimously that our Open Grill theme for food at the Cauldronluck move from the usual January to February this year, to allow time for advertising it.

Education: we currently hold an education session at each of our open rituals.  We discussed ideas to improve the process, and the favorite was that a member would present a class for 10-15 minutes after the business meeting at each Cauldronluck.  Raymond moved to make this official, David seconded, and the motion passed unanimously.  The class will be presented while we are eating.  David volunteered to teach the February class.

We also decided that Fundraising for 2017, briefly mentioned during the Treasurer report, needed time for thought.  We tabled a discussion until the February Cauldronluck.

We adjourned at 11:42 with seven present.  Five more people showed up just after adjourning, and they stayed to network for a while.

Cauldronluck Minutes

CAULDRONLUCK MINUTES – December 11, 2016

Published by:

CAULDRONLUCK MINUTES

December 11, 2016

Meeting was called to order by Raya (Coordinator) at 11:04. Seven people were present, including Board members Raya, David, Raymond, and Patrick. Shaba arrived a little later.

Secretary’s report: Due to P O Box issues, no mail was collected or distributed.

Treasurer’s Report: Bank balance $519.44 + UU deposit $150.00 + $10.00 Peace Fair donations + $11.00 new membership = $690.44 total assets. Ramada is paid through next November. PO Box is due in May, storeroom in January and it will be paid monthly. Despite our paying for the PO Box, it seems to have been reissued – David is investigating.

Ritual Report: Yule is coming soon and has been advertised. Imbolc is still available, but Ostara is already covered.

Peace Fair: More donations pledged by Board members will cover the entire cost. Several people volunteered to work the booth, and if more are interested please contact Raya.

Shea and Desert Henge Coven invited everyone interested to sing up the sun at dawn on December 18. Details are on the TAWN webpage.

We adjourned at 11:35 with nine present.

Cauldronluck Minutes

CAULDRONLUCK MINUTES – November 13, 2016

Published by:

Meeting was called to order by Raya (Coordinator) at 11:12. All Board members were present for the meeting.

Secretary’s report: Mail delivery, including a bank statement, a Tucson Weekly receipt for bill paid, and a thank you from the Food Bank.

Treasurer’s Report: Bank balance $739.33 + UU deposit $150.00 = $889.44 total sets. We have one new membership not yet deposited, and outstanding bills for the Post Office Box ($60.00) and the storeroom ($60.76). We discussed the idea of getting a joint storeroom with the local Druid grove; David will report back on whether that would save any significant expense. Raymond asked if the audit had been completed, and was told no. He asked if it would be, and was told yes.

Ritual Report: 27 people attended the Kindred Samhain and 20 the TAWN Open Samhain. The TAWN Yule is scheduled for December 17 at Mystic Candle, with gathering time about 5:00. All rituals after Yule are open for hosting.

Raya asked if we wanted to have a presence at the Peace Fair. It will be February 25 at the Reid Park bandshell, and the cost is expected to be $30.00. After discussion, we decided to attend; there was no vote but there was also no objection. It was suggested that if each Board member donated $5.00 the cost would be covered. Some but not all Board members did so, and the remainder probably will. The discussion was tabled to be addressed at the next Board meeting (November 27th).

Spring Fest: Summing up discussions from online and from other meetings, Raya suggested that Spring Fest be a no-vendor event focused on a public ritual and a class (pre-ritual briefing which includes Ostara lore, history, and significance). We decided by discussion and consensus on Sunday, March 19th. The cost to TAWN will be $15.00 for the ramada reservation. The HP/HPS will be chosen from volunteers, but Patrick said he would be a fallback to be sure we had a ritual.

After the Spring Fest discussion, Raymond moved that the Peace Fair be our educational opportunity for February. Motion passed with no opposition, but with the addendum that we will finalize planning and details by the January Cauldronluck.

Tim brought up the recurring problem of increasing membership. Can we create membership cards, and would any Pagan shops agree to give members discounts? We discussed very briefly, including some logistical hurdles, then tabled for discussion at the Board meeting.

Would Moon School draw membership? No one thought so very strongly, and the question becomes moot with no teacher and very few children.

Can we expand our education program to draw in members? Joe Elliot is willing to set up an agenda and help run a program, but it cannot succeed without Board support and active volunteers. Several ideas were offered and discussed with no clear conclusion, and we tabled the idea to be considered at the next Board meeting.

We used to print Tapestry as a quarterly publication; would resuming that draw membership? We remembered that it was decided by membership vote to make it a free online publication, and with the disappearance of the selected editor no interest has been shown. As it is required by our by-laws, it was proposed that the online edition

could consist of a column by the Coordinator, a report from the Treasurer, and the CL minutes from the Secretary. This was not voted on but no one spoke against it.

Funding remains a problem; we have discontinued many income sources. Several funding ideas were proposed:

* 50-50 raffle at CL’s or Spring Fest

* Artisan donations & sales at Pagan shops

* Vendor contributions

* Auction or raffles at Pagan stores

* Premiums for members (i.e. engraved Zippo lighters)

This was tabled for discussion at the Board meeting.

We adjourned at 12:22 with nine people present.