TAWN » Blog Archives

Author Archives: Collette Root

Cauldronluck Minutes

Cauldronluck Oct 2017

Published by:


Date: 8 October 2017
Time: 11:00 – 11:52
Meeting Notifications via: e-mail/website

Names of Board Members present:
Coordinator: Raya Fand
Treasurer: David Foster (Gaand)
Secretary Pro-Temp: Collette Root (Gwyn)

Quorum established: Yes/3 of 3
Members in attendance: 6
Guests in attendance: 2 children

Treasury Report:
Fall Festival revenue in whole was discussed and profit estimated. Donations were made to cover the losses on T-shirts. Storage was paid but costs have been increased. Checks were deposited. Gaand donated a waterproof lock for storage and will make another key for the secretary which will result in all board members in possession of a storage key.

Secretary Report:
Minutes were approved. Secretary’s box received. Mail checked was distributed by both Gwyn and, when he arrived, by Raymond. He then turned in his copy of the box key which was given to the treasurer resulting in all board members in possession of a box key. The problem with the P.O. Box number on the membership application was discovered when Gwyn tried to check box 41982. Communication with Raya showed the correct box to be 41082. The post office was notified of the issue and a note placed on the incorrect box as to the forwarding of TAWN mail. Gwyn will contact the box officer when he is in on Tuesday and request forwarding services for the maximum allowable time. Gaand will be updating the membership applications. He will also create and distribute a clean membership list as well as a group list.

Points of Discussion:
Raya called for a ritual coordinator. Carol Garr answered the call. Gratitude was expressed by the board. Various aspects of the position were discussed. Communications issues were discussed with referrals to Tish and Diana as points of contact. Yule ritual has a volunteer group of which Raymond is a part. The location is to be at Mystic Candle. They request that the presence of alcohol be venue specific. While alcohol at rituals held in parks are not allowed, those held on private property are allowable. A request that the “Code of Ethics” be changed to the “Code of Conducts.” A formal vote will be held at the November cauldronluck meeting.

Raya called for a new editor for Tapestry. The call was met with silence. She also called for an education coordinator. Discussion of how education events occurred in the past were discussed. Suggestions of allowing the teacher to choose the day and venue were put forth. Gwyn said to ask her again in January when she should be adjusted to her new schedule.

The next board meeting will be 21 October in La Madera Park at 10am.

Action List:
Raya- ? (Somehow I didn’t note them, might have been something on communications with Tish and/or Diana)

David- Create and distribute a clean membership list and a group list. Put the new lock on storage and make another key for the secretary. Update the membership applications.

Collette- Complete the minutes and get them approved. Call the box officer and request the maximum forwarding of TAWN mail to the correct box.

Carol- Contact groups and locate volunteer groups for the year’s rituals.

These minutes were approved on 12 November 2017.

Cauldronluck Minutes

Cauldronluck Nov 2017

Published by:



Date: 12 November 2017

Time: 11:07 – 11:47

Meeting Notifications via: e-mail, website, yahoo


Names of Board Members present:

Coordinator: Raya Fand

Treasurer: Gannd- David Foster

Secretary Pro Temp/Member at large: Gwyn- Collette Root


Quorum established: Yes/3 of 3

Members in attendance: 4

Guests in attendance: 0


Secretary Report:

Gwyn stated what mail had been picked up and distributed.


Treasury Report:

Gannd briefed the group on the concerns of going bankrupt. Notified the group that the postal box is paid until July.

He explained his offer of his property. Carol stated that in the past there have been concerns of losing stuff on private property.


Coordinator Report:

Raya opened conversation about Spring Fest. Carol expressed concern that having a Spring Fest is overextending TAWN financially. She suggested using the park. Gannd explained that that would be subject to a million dollar bond. Patrick suggested specifying it as a potluck in TAWN’s name. Raya explained that if it is open to the public and/or advertised we would need the bond. If it were private we wouldn’t need the bond but that would mean no advertisers and no vendors. Raya asked if we wanted Spring Fest with vendors or just a ritual. Gann said that if money was the only concern, he would pay the UU fee. There was a concern that we are competition, UU might think we are poaching their members, but that it would be like a group volunteering for ritual.

For festival, it was suggested that we bring kid’s quest back. There is a bin of Kid Quest stuff from the past. Gwyn volunteered to do a scavenger hunt. Patrick is looking into Jumping Castles for the festival. The concern with jumping castles is the anchoring, but that is on the business to have insurance.

It is $400 for a weekly advertisement of the festival. The word will go out on Facebook and the forum also. There is no desire to lose money on the festival. Gwyn motioned for a vote on the date.  There were 5 ayes to 17 March and 2 that would have preferred 31 March. Vendors for Spring Fest will be contacted after a solid reservation is made.

Raya asked for volunteers for the Peace Faire. She said she would cover the cost. She also mentioned Earth Day sometime in April, and asked that people think about that event as well.

Carol forwarded the Yule information to Diana and Tish. Raya put it on the yahoo forum. Hearthgate Kindred will be hosting it at Mystic Candle on 16 December. The meet and greet will be at 5 pm with ritual slated to begin at 5:30 and offerings are encouraged. It is a potluck and as it is taking place on private property, alcohol is allowed.


A member told the group of her personal problems concerning housing. It was suggested she discuss that during the potluck.


Action List:

Raya- Find google calendar instructions, look into t-shirt and book collections.

David- Verify filing with the IRS, update the listings, update the quick reference sheets, work on reservations at UU.

Collette-Collect mail for dispersal, complete the minutes and get them approved.


The next Board meeting will be on 19 November 2017, 10am, at La Madera Park.

These minutes were approved on 26 November 2017.